Aksharabhyasa / Hate Kori:
Aksharabhyasam is a auspicious religious ritual which is performed to signify starting education to the child. Generally, this ritual is performed when the child completes two years of age and is in its 3rd year. As the mind of the child develops and is keen to learn various things in the world, this religious ritual called Aksharabhyasam is performed in the 3rd year as an initiation to start formal education.
The literal meaning of Akshara is ‘alphabets’ and the meaning of Abhyasam is practice. Hence this ritual is considered a pre-requisite as per the Hindu religion before the child starts going to formal education in school or Vidhyaarambha.
Significance of Aksharabhyasam
1. Initiation Of Education: Stepping into the world of education means that the vast world of knowledge and wisdom opens to you. So, you can celebrate the day by worshipping Goddess Saraswati.
2. Enumerate Victory: In several states, Aksharabhyasam is performed on Vijaya Dashami, as the day symbolizes victory. It can be victory over the darkness of illiteracy and nescience. This is the significant day when the three Shaktis: iccha, kriya and gyan, combine and these three are necessary to carry on your knowledge. Significance of Aksharabhyasam
3. Teaching Of Alphabets: Kids are made to write letters on this day. They learn how to write alphabets and also their name. Thus, they slowly figure out how to make a sentence and finally how to express their thoughts. You can say, this day marks the initiation of giving a shape to your kid’s thoughts. 4. Significance Of “AUM” Symbol: “AUM” is the beginning of anything and also the end. It is the sign of eternity. So, it is quite natural that Aksharabhyasam of a kid is started by making him/her write this symbol. It is also considered as ‘Beejakshar’ in Sanskrit, which means the origin of everything.
4. Significance Of “AUM” Symbol: “AUM” is the beginning of anything and also the end. It is the sign of eternity. So, it is quite natural that Aksharabhyasam of a kid is started by making him/her write this symbol. It is also considered as ‘Beejakshar’ in Sanskrit, which means the origin of everything.
Bhagavad Gita Chapter 7, TEXT 8
raso ‘ham apsu kaunteya
sabdah khe paurusam nrsu
“In all the Vedic mantras, I am represented by pranava, or omkara” |”Lord Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita, pranavah sarva-vedesu” |”In all the Vedic mantras, I am represented by praṇava, or oṁkāra”
5. Significance of ‘A’ kara, AUM is a combination of ‘A’ kara, ‘U’ kara and ‘MA’ kara.
Bhagavad Gita Chapter 10, TEXT 33
aksaranam a-karo ‘smi
dvandvah samasikasya ca
aham evaksayah kalo
Among letters I am (Krishna) the letter A, and among compounds I am the dual word. I am also inexhaustable time, and of creators I am Brahma, whose manifold faces turn everywhere.
6. The Kid Writes On Sand/Rice: Initially, the child was made to write the “AUM” symbol on sand, especially when he/she was in gurukul. Nowadays, kids are made to write on the rice grains, spread on a tray. In Bengal, kids are made to write on a slate with a chalk.Book A Pandit for Aksharabhyasam / Hate Kori Book Over Phone 9448848815
Auspisious days for performing Aksharabhyasam:
Vasant Panchami / Shri Panchami:
Vasanta Panchami also known as Siri Panchami which is celebrated on the fifth day after Amavasya (No Moon Day) in the Hindu month of Maagha marks the advent of spring season.The importance of significance of Basant Panchami is that it is on this day the Hindu Goddess of Learning / Wisdom – Goddess Saraswati is specially worshiped and children are taught writing their first words on this day in the Aksharabhyasam ritual.
Vijaya Dashami which is considered the most auspicious day of the year is celebrated on the 10th day of Dussehra, the festival of victory. This day very auspicious to perform Aksharabhyasam for children.
Vyasa Pournami / Guru Pournami:
Vyasa Pournami / Guru Pournami which is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Aashaadam. This day is the birthday of Sage Veda Vyasa.
Sraavana Pournami / Raakhi Pournami:
Sraavana Pournami / Raakhi Pournami is yet another important day when people throng for performing Aksharabhyasam of their kids.
sakalapuja.com has a team of learned, qualified and experienced Pandits/Purohits/Pujaris, Astrologers, we take care of the entire process, from booking and assigning the qualified Purohit, choosing auspicious Muhuratha, selection and procuring of required Puja Samagri. All you need to do is to book the Puja, sit back and relax while we work on ensuring that you will have divine and satisfying Puja experience.Book A Pandit for Aksharabhyasam / Hate Kori Book Over Phone 9448848815